|Yet another year with Covid-19 has left the Scandinavian Chapter without our usual sources of income. No meetings and no fairs equals zero income for us.|
So if you are a Phan of the Phantom and like the service we provide to you and fellow Phans, through this PhantomWiki we therefore, ask you to donate to the cost of running it.
|Produced for:||Fantomen 4/1984|
|# of pgs:||36|
"The Message" is a 1984 Team Fantomen story, written by Norman Worker, with art by Kari Leppänen.
The current Phantom tells Rex and Tom-Tom how The Phantom's Good Mark came to be. In 1665 Redbeard and the other officers of The Jungle Patrol were invited to the royal court at Mozambar, a European-style court ruled by a European prince. The prince is mostly interested in butterlifes and has left the daily operations to the influential cardinal Marcarius. The 6th Phantom suspects that the cardinal is a member of the Singh brotherhood and decides to make a visit.
- The 6th Phantom
- Big Bart
- Natala of Navarre
- The 21st Phantom
- The 7th Phantom (newborn)
- Prince Ludvig of Mozambar
- Princess Sophia of Mozambar (formerly of Lorraine)
- Cardinal Macarius
- Abu Singh
- Lee Chung, presumably a pirate captain
- Morris, privateer
- Boar's Head Inn
- Lorraine (mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- According to Fantomen Krönika 1/1995 the story takes place in 1665.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "The Message", The Phantom #1373 (2006)
- "Historien om det gode mærke", Fantomet #254 (1985)
- "Pahan sanansaattajat", Mustanaamio 13/1984
- "Pahan sanansaattajat", Erikoisjulkaisu 2/1991
- "Ondskapens sendebud", Fantomet 20/1984
- "Ondskapens sendebud", Fantomets Krønike 1/1990
- "Ondskapens sendebud", Krønikebok #6 (2002)
- "Ondskans sändebud", Fantomen 4/1984
- "Ondskans sändebud", Fantomen Krönika 1/1995
- "Ondskans sändebud", Fantomen Krönika Band 3 (2001)