Talk:The Singh Brotherhood
New Page ?
I was wondering if we should have a new page for the Singh dynasty like a list of page for people with the last name Singh because although the majority of leaders are listed there are those that are not such as the founder Bor Singh which has been mentioned in The Mystery of the Golden ruin part 2 as well as ample amount of Singh which have only appeared in a single issue before they met there end --Dark Lord Xander3 05:43, 8 March 2008 (CET)
- I don't think we need a new page, but it would be good to have it included in this article. Actually I would say that there are reason to doubt that every names listed under "Leaders" were actual leaders - they might as well just be prominent members of the brotherhood... Pjär 15:16, 8 March 2008 (CET)
- Scimitar, Cyclops, and Blackheart appears to be more of captains or a little bit higher ranked. However, El Aswad, Shogai Singh, Captain Comore, Atan Singh, Abu Singh, Abakir, Abba Singh, Ashar Singh, Korshir Singh, Kourish Singh, Kulai Singh, Sandal Singh, and Akbar Singh were all commanders of great forces and/or referred to as being of the Singh dynasty. Actually, it is only El Aswad and Captain Comore that there might be doubt on if they were of the Singh dynasty. Ashar Singh and Sandal Singh does not have impressive armies but there are no doubt that they are members of the Singh dynasty and leaders of a cell of the Brotherhood. Karl MAN 2 21:11, 8 March 2008 (CET)
I Still think we should have a page for members of the singh pirates as all this page does at the moment is list members rather that give information about the orginisation from the comics that they have appeared in which is what it should do. --Dark Lord Xander3 08:02, 10 March 2008 (CET)
- My first thought would be that we can add that information in this article, but if you'd like you can create an article as an example of how you would like this list to be. Member 7 08:12, 11 March 2008 (CET)
I don't mind character pages for the individual Singh pirates, but I don't see any reason why a list of members of the Singh Brotherhood can't be included in this article. But if you come up with an example, it sure will be worth a look :) Pjär 13:44, 11 March 2008 (CET) I Might do a test one on a sub user page for you to look at but due to time constrants i will only be able to work on it on week ends --Dark Lord Xander3 06:16, 12 March 2008 (CET)
Does anyone know of any appearances of the Singh Brotherhood that are not yet listed ?--Dark Lord Xander3 07:13, 15 March 2008 (CET)
- Yeah... There are about 30 Team Fantomen stories, a couple of stories from GK/King/Charlton as well as Moonstone and at least one Spada story missing. As well as, most likely, some Bastei stories. I will look it over when I get time. Pjär 18:54, 15 March 2008 (CET)
I have gone through pretty much my entire collection but i know there are at least about ten or so ones that i don't have and are not already on the list. the problem is i don't know which ones they are so can someone else add them so i know which ones to look out for next time i go hunting for Phantom comics :) --Dark Lord Xander3 09:11, 16 March 2008 (CET)
- There - I've added every story I'm aware of. However there might very well be stories from GK/King/Charlton, Spada and/or Bastei that are missing. Pjär 15:21, 17 March 2008 (CET)
- More stories have been added for Moonstone and Spada. anyone know of any Bastei stories involing Singh as well as any other GK/King/Charlton ?
- My knowledge of the Bastei and GK/K/C stories sadly is pretty bad, so can't help you there :/ Pjär 12:21, 24 March 2008 (CET)
- I have also added all I know of. I have not yet seen any mention of Singh in the Bastei stories, and the Fratelli Spada stories listed are complete story arcs without references to any other stories not yet listed. Member 7 08:17, 25 March 2008 (CET)
I Think thats all the appearances then i will put the All appearances Template up if you know of any definate appearances not listed feel free to take it down (or add them and leave it up) :) --Dark Lord Xander4 10:26, 25 April 2008 (CEST)
The All App has been taken down yet no more appearances have been added does anyone actually know or think that there are any more appearances if not i see no reason not to put it up (as for Bastei and Spada the all apps does say except for mistakes and if no one has access to them we have no way of knowing.) if you are unsure of an issue please put the name up so others can check it --Dark Lord Xander4 09:41, 29 April 2008 (CEST)
- Misstakes is one thing - not having checked over a hundred stories is another. If we absolutely wanna include the AllApp template, we could of course put it in the individual sub-headers (Team Fantomen stories etc) Pjär 10:19, 29 April 2008 (CEST)
Fair enough Leave it for now --Dark Lord Xander4 12:27, 29 April 2008 (CEST)
Since this is an article about an organization shouldn't it be included in a category for organizations rather that characters also should we have a category for characters who are members of an organization such as the Singh Brotherhood, Jungle Patrol Ect. --Dark Lord Xander3 05:42, 24 March 2008 (CET)
- Yeah - that would work fine with me - (it also mirrors the structure of the appearance lists in the articles, which naturally is good). Pjär 12:21, 24 March 2008 (CET)
The Singh in "A Tale of the Good Mark"???
The Phantom FAQ, which generally is very reliable, says that "A Tale of the Good Mark" has the grandfather of the current Phantom fighting the Singh. I have not come across this information anywhere else, and have only read the story in its Swedish translation, where the pirates are unnamed. Can anyone check any English reprint of the story (e.g. in Frew 1373), to see if this really is correct? Pjär 00:56, 28 March 2008 (CET)