The Swamp Rats (Gold Key story)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Swamp Rats|
|Produced for:||The Phantom #5|
|# of pgs:||15|
|Writer:||Lee Falk & Bill Harris|
This article, or section of an article, is very short. You can help PhantomWiki by expanding it.
- Patrolman Jones
- Bengali (assumed)
- "He who sees the Phantom unmasked -- dies at once -- horribly!"
Behind the scenes
- This is the second time an old jungle saying is mentioned in the Gold Key Phantom production. However, just like the first time, the phrase "old jungle saying" isn't used.
- The name of the featured tribe is given as the Wambasi, as opposed to Wambesi as in the original daily story.
- While it is the second Gold Key appearance of Colonel Weeks, this is the first one to mention his name.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Las ratas del pantano", El Fantasma #5 (1966)
- "Sumprotterne", Fantomet #15 (1972)
- "Les rats du marécage", Le Fantôme #368 (1971)
- "I topi della palude", L'Uomo Mascherato #198 (1971)
- "Sumprottene", Fantomet 10/1990
- "Träskråttorna", X9 4/1970
- The Phantom #5 (1963)
- The Complete Series: The Gold Key Years: Volume #1 (2011)
- "The Swamp Rats", The Complete Newspaper Dailies: Volume Sixteen 1959–1961 (2019) (first seven pages only)