|Yet another year with Covid-19 has left the Scandinavian Chapter without our usual sources of income. No meetings and no fairs equals zero income for us.|
So if you are a Phan of the Phantom and like the service we provide to you and fellow Phans, through this PhantomWiki we therefore, ask you to donate to the cost of running it.
|Start date:||January 2, 2000|
|End date:||July 30, 2000|
|# of strips:||31|
|Writer:||Donne Avenell &|
|Artist:||George Olesen &|
|Original colorist:||KFS staff|
|Preceded by:||"The Wharf Rats"|
|Followed by:||"Woduro's Secret"|
"The Shipwreckers" is the 152nd Phantom Sunday story. The story was written by Donne Avenell and drawn by George Olesen and Fred Fredericks.
The script was originally written for Team Fantomen, but due to Lee Falk's death it was also used for the newspaper strip after being adapted to the Sunday format by Claes Reimerthi.
This article, or section of an article, is very short. You can help PhantomWiki by expanding it.
Behind the scenes
- Unlike the other Team Fantomen remakes that were produced for the newspaper around the same time (the daily stories "The Ghost Wall" and "The Halloween Kidnappers"), the original version of this story was produced many years earlier. For this reason the artwork of the Sunday version could be inspired by the comic book version and they are similar in many ways.
- At his official website, Leppänen denounces the artwork as plagiarism.  
- "The Sea Jackals" by Donne Avenell and Kari Leppänen.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "The Shipwreckers", The Phantom #1280 (2000)
- Seura 5-37/2001
- Anandamela ? – ?, 2003
- Phantom #4 (2019)
- "Gemi Enkazcıları", Kızılmaske #33 (2016)
- Daytona Beach News-Journal January 2, 2000 – July 30, 2000
- Galveston Daily News January 2, 2000 – July 30, 2000
- La Opinión January 2, 2000 – July 30, 2000
- Rome News-Tribune January 2, 2000 – July 30, 2000