|Produced for:||Fantomen 1/1989|
|# of pgs:||28|
Chris, the 3rd Phantom has quit his studies in England and instead become an actor at William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. This makes his father furious.
Chris is practicing fencing with Master Wren where he meets Lord Yorkham. They practice fencing with each other and the Lord is slightly better than Chris in fencing. Walking home he rescues Shakespeare who has been attacked by thugs. Shakespeare say that they tried to rob him but Chris is not quite so sure. A few days later a hunchback meet with Shakespeare at the theatre and Shakespeare pays him money.
A few days later Chris is walking to master Wren's house when he is run down by the hunchback. The hunchback has left master Wren's house running and inside Chris finds the master dead. Police arrive and tell Chris that he will hang for the murder. Chris jumps out of the window and decide to investigate. Shakespeare reveal that a few years ago he wrote a political play that was never printed nor played but could still give him problems. Bedlam the hunchback has threatened to have the play published.
Chris follows the hunchback and discover that he is in fact Lord Yorkham. In a final showdown they meet each other in a fencing match. Lord Yorkham flee but drowns in the Thames. Chris take with him the copy of Shakesepare's political play.
- The 3rd Phantom
- The 2nd Phantom
- The 21st Phantom
- Diana Palmer-Walker
- Dr. Axel (mentioned only)
- Jacob Wren
- Lord Yorkham
- Mark, police officer
- Remaining script pages from an unknown play by William Shakespeare
- According to Fantomen Krönika 3/1994 this story is set in 1604.
- "The Mysterious Prisoner" by Michael Tierres and Jaime Vallvé
- "Death's Hour" by Michael Tierres and Jaime Vallvé
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "The Hunchback", The Phantom #1824 (2018)
- "O Corcunda", Fantasma Extra #20 (1990)
- "Giftmordet", Fantomet #314 (1990)