Blind Man's Bluff
|Blind Man's Bluff|
|Produced for:||The Phantom #11|
|# of pgs:||26|
Fighting pirates, The Phantom is blinded by a flare and when he attempts to return home to The Skull Cave he is trapped in quicksand.
- Chief Kala of Ossewey
Behind the scenes
- This is the first full-length US Phantom story neither credited to Lee Falk nor using a rewritten version of a Falk script. It is also the first full-length Phantom story to be written directly for the Gold Key Phantom magazine. Bill Lignante is sometimes credited as writer, however a note on Comics.org discusses the possible writers: "According to a letter from Bill Harris in Robin Snyder's The Comics Vol 23, No 8, August 2012, he wrote all the Phantom stories, although The Comic Reader #40 notes that Dick Wood wrote this story, which was not an adaptation (Harris is credited as the author of all the Phantom adaptations)."
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "La leyenda del Fantasma ciego!", El Fantasma #11 (1966)
- "Les yeux de l'Ombre" Le Fantôme #386 (1972)
- "The Phantom is Blinded", Indrajal Comics #36 (1967)
- "Gli occhi dell'Ombra", L'Uomo Mascherato #32 (1972)
- "Det blinde Fantomet", Fantomet 12/1980
- "Blind Man's Bluff", The Phantom #11 (1965)
- "Blind Man's Bluff", The Complete Series: The Gold Key Years: Volume #2 (2012)