The White Horseman (story)
|The White Horseman|
|Produced for:||Fantomen 3/1985|
|# of pgs:||32|
The 7th Phantom has a recurring dream where a childhood friend, prince Vemour asks for his help. When The Phantom arrive to Timaan, the capital has been overtaken by pirates and the prince with a few loyal man are too few to put up much of a resistance.
- The 21st Phantom
- The 7th Phantom
- Natala of Navarre (mentioned)
- Heloise of Hanta
- Seymour Barr
- Kit and Heloise (mentioned)
- The Teacher
- Nahaarak of Timaan, regent of Timaan
- Arami of Timaan, crown prince
- Vemour of Timaan, prince
- A'Kra, magician
Behind the scenes
- The original Swedish title is "Den vita ryttaren" which means "The White Rider". Although it is clearly shown in the images that the Rider is sitting on an elephant, Frew chose the incorrect English translation "The White Horseman" when the story was published in Australia.
- The character Seymour Barr is named after Phantom artist Seymour "Sy" Barry.
- For the first time since the 1974 story "The Parasite", Devil's thoughts are shown in a thought bubble.
- Prince Vemour is seen leaving the landlocked Kingdom of Navarre by ship.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "The White Horseman", The Phantom #902 (1988)
- "Valkoinen ratsastaja", Mustanaamio 16/1985