The Masked Emissary
|The Masked Emissary|
|Produced for:||The Phantom #19|
|# of pgs:||9|
|Writer:||Bill Harris & Lee Falk|
This article, or section of an article, is very short. You can help PhantomWiki by expanding it.
- Colonel Nelson
- The Chief of Wambesi
- Luaga, Bababu, the Monkey Mail, the name Morristown, and Diana's work for the U.N. make their first Gold Key/King appearances.
- This is the last Lee Falk-based story to be published in the 1962-1977 American The Phantom magazine.
- This story differs on several points from the original Falk/Barry story; it is much shorter, basically only including the final showdown between Luaga and Bababu, and - maybe most notable - Luaga and Bababu are both Caucasian. Luaga is also referred to as "Luaga of Kelgo" by the jungle chiefs, and Bababu is said to have the rank of a Captain.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Comisario el enmascarado", El Fantasma #16 (1967)
- "L'émissaire masqué", Le Fantôme #132 (1967)
- "L'emissario mascherato", L'Uomo Mascherato #216 (1967)
- "O Emissário Mascarado", Chico Zumba #7 (1975)
- "The Masked Emissary", The Phantom - World Adventure Library #3 (1967)
- "The Masked Emissary", Secrets of the Unknown #85
- "The Masked Emissary", Secrets of the Unknown #237