The Golden Mannequins
|The Golden Mannequins|
|Produced for:||Fantomen 18/1978|
|# of pgs:||30|
The 21st Phantom, Rex and Tom-Tom are on the ferry from England to the Netherlands. Also travelling on the ferry are three models who plan to do a heist in Amsterdam. In England they have stolen the Gunfrey ruby and are bringing it with them. The three beautiful models charm their way through customs, then ride in a sports car to Amsterdam. In Amsterdam they will attend a fashion show where they will carry the Leonard diamonds.
The diamonds are owned by a rich Amsterdam jeweler, Willem von Leonard, who keep the diamonds in his apartment. The three models make the fashion show a success. After the show the gullible jeweler is charmed by the three models to reveal everything about his security setup. Later at night they climb the wall to von Leonard's apartment. Standing in their hotel window Rex and Tom-Tom witness the three shadowy figures climbing their way up and alert the Phantom. The three models know judo and karate and use a sleeping gas to incapacitate the Phantom.
The models postpone the heist and carry the unconscious Phantom to a boat and go to a mill in the countryside where the Phantom is tied up to a mill wheel. Rex and Tom-Tom have followed the boat and as the three models return to Amsterdam, the two boys free the Phantom. Back in Amsterdam the three models enter von Leonard's apartment, knock down a security guard and open the safe where the jewels are kept.
At that moment the Phantom returns, but is shot in the arm. The three models are just about to get away in a car when Rex and Tom-Tom manage to stop it. Attempting to continue on foot, the Phantom pulls a revolver and puts an end to the heist.
- Willem von Leonard, jeweller
- De Copman, MC
- Klaas, security guard
- The Netherlands
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "De gyldne mannequinner", Fantomet #139 (1980)
- "De gyldne mannequinner", Fantomet's Krønike #13 (1997)
- "Kultaiset neidot", Mustanaamio 26/1978
- "De gylne mannekengene", Fantomet 26/1978
- "De gylne mannekengene", Fantomets Krønike 5/2003
- "De gylne mannekengene", Krønikebok #44 (2008)
- "Las modelos doradas", El Hombre Enmascarado #29 (1981)
- "De gyllene mannekängerna", Fantomen 18/1978
- "Hirsiz Mankenler", Kızılmaske #276 – #277 (1978)
- "Hirsiz Mankenler", Kızılmaske Albüm #86 (197?)
- "Hirsiz Mankenler", Kızılmaske Albüm #8
- "Hirsiz Mankenler", Kızılmaske Albüm #89