Terror at the Opera
|Terror at the Opera|
|Start date:||March 15th, 1999|
|End date:||July 10th, 1999|
|# of strips:||102 (17 weeks)|
|Writer:||Lee Falk & Elizabeth Falk|
|Artist:||George Olesen & Keith Williams|
|Original colorist:||KFS staff|
|Preceded by:||"The Albee"|
|Followed by:||"The Ghost Wall"|
"Terror at the Opera" is the 195th Phantom daily story. The story was written by Lee Falk and Elizabeth Falk and drawn by George Olesen and Keith Williams. Along with "The Kidnappers", it's the last story that Lee Falk ever made.
This article, or section of an article, is very short. You can help PhantomWiki by expanding it.
Behind the scenes
- Lee Falk was hospitalised while writing the script for this story, and was assisted by his wife Elizabeth Falk. When he passed away, she finished the script based on his plot.
- Almost an entire week of strips (from April 27 to May 1) consisted only of one-panel strips, to give more time to finish the script after Lee Falk passed away. This was the first time ever that the Phantom daily strip used only one panel for an entire strip.
- The daily strip changed to computer lettering with this story.
- The code to disarm the bomb is 1870 which is supposed to be the year the opera Aida premiered. However, it was actually first performed late in 1871.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Terror at the Opera", The Phantom #1239 (1999)
- Anandabazar Patrika ? – ?
- "வெடி குண்டு" (romanized as "Vedi Gundu"), Rani Comics #391 and "தீவிரவாதிகள்" (romanized as "Theeviravaathigal"), #421 (1999)
- "The Dakk Pirates", Valley of the Gorilla Man (2011; excerpt)
- "The Dakk Pirates", The Dakk Pirates (2011)
- "The Dakk Pirates", Crime Avenger (2011; excerpt)
- "The Dakk Pirates", Justice for All (2011)
- "Terror at the Opera", The Phantom #12 (2021)
- The Daily Gleaner March 15, 1999 – July 10, 1999
- "Terror i operaen", Fantomets Krønike 3/2010
- "Terrorister", Svenska Dagbladet November 12, 1999 – March 14, 2000