Comics Revue is a monthly magazine exclusively devoted to reprints of newspaper comics strips. It is published by Manuscript Press since 1984.
A new formula, having double pagination and numbering (first issue being #281-282) as well as complete stories amongst the regular selectioned comics, was launched in October 2009.
A wide selection of comics have been published in Comics Revue. Among them are classics as "Mandrake the Magician", "Tarzan", "Flash Gordon", "Steve Canyon", "Buz Sawyer", "Alley Oop" and "Casey Ruggles".
As far as "The Phantom" is concerned, several "Golden Age" stories - as well as Sy Barry's material - have been featured. The Phantom has appeared on severeal covers throughout the years, illustrated by various artists.
- The first Phantom appearance in Comics Revue was in issue #27 (May 1988).
- Issue #120 includes an interview with Felmang.
- The story "Adventure in Algiers" was reprinted in just one issue (#123), unlike other stories which have been serialized over several issues.
- A biography of Lee Falk and a list of daily and Sunday stories were published in #166.
- The second annual published in 1988 contains a Phantom story.
- Comics Revue Special #1 published in 1996 contains a Phantom story.
The Phantom has appeared on the covers of the following issues of Comics Revue:
Comics Revue Annual
Comics Revue Special