The Strange Girl
|The Strange Girl|
|Produced for:|| L'Uomo Mascherato|
|# of pgs:||24|
This article, or section of an article, is very short. You can help PhantomWiki by expanding it.
- Tobo's papa
- Barbara Benson
- Alan Benson
- Moira, sister in the Jungle Hospital
- unnamed helicopter pilot
Behind the scenes
- The story was first published in Italy under the title "La donna addormentata" ("The Sleeping Woman"). However, Germano Ferri originally wanted the title to be "La bella addormentata" ("The Sleeping Beauty") to remind of the fairy tale of the same name. The editors disagreed and changed the title. When the story was published in France, it was given the title "La belle au bois dormant" which is the same name as the fairy tale in French. The titles used in Norway and Sweden in 2012 also tranlate to "The Sleeping Beauty", but this title does not remind readers of the fairy tale which has a completely different name in Norwegian and Swedish.
- When the story was made, Fratelli Spada stories were usually 32 pages long, but they decided to change that to 24 pages during the production of this story. For this reason, some pages were combined into one page and therefore contain many more panels than the other pages.
- The version published in 2012 includes additional editing and art provided by Germano Ferri himself.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "The Strange Girl", The Phantom #1629 (2012)
- "La belle au bois dormant", Le Fantôme #134 (1966)
- "La donna addormentata", L'Uomo Mascherato #218 (1967)
- "Den sovende skjønnheten", Fantomet 9-10/2012
- "Den mystiska kvinnan", Fantomen 13/1968
- "Den sovande skönheten", Fantomen 10-11/2012
- "Den mystiska kvinnan", Fantomen - Den inbundna årgången 1968, Del 3 (2018)