The Phantom 972 (Frew)
| The Phantom #972|
(#1000 actually printed since 1948)
Cover artist: Keith Chatto
Cover artist: unknown
Poster artists: George Olesen and Sy Barry
|Country/language:||Australia / English|
|Format:||18 × 25.5 cm|
|Pages:||292 + 28 pgs, b/w|
|Publishing company:||Frew Publications|
|Preceded by:||The Phantom #971|
|Followed by:||The Phantom #973|
- "The Sky Band" by Lee Falk and Ray Moore.
- "The Phantom's Treasure" by Lee Falk and Ray Moore.
- "The Mermaids of Melo Straits" by Lee Falk and Ray Moore.
- "The Masked Marvel" by Lee Falk and Wilson McCoy.
- "Delilah" by Bill Harris and Bill Lignante
- "The Wedding of the Phantom" by Lee Falk and Sy Barry.
- "The Heirs" by Lee Falk and Sy Barry.
- "The Name" by Lee Falk and Sy Barry.
- "The Twins' 8th Birthday" by Lee Falk and Sy Barry.
- 1000th issue poster by Lee Falk, George Olesen and Sy Barry.
- Facsimile replica of The Phantom #1.
- "The Slave Traders" by Lee Falk and Ray Moore.
Notes on the title
Although the story that appears in the comic is part of The Slave Traders the title that appears in the cover of the comic reads Enter The Phantom. Frew used this title as it was their first issue and wanted to create excitement about the character.
Reprint vs Original
The original printing and the re-print of this issue can be distinguished in several ways.
- The reprint has a bullet hole in the skull. The original does not have a bullet hole as it was thought to be too controversial at the time of its release.
- The yellow on the cover of the original printing is a dull yellow. On the reprint it is brighter.