I was Wondering why we cannot have a page for the uncompleted Story The Revenge of Kharmi ? I see no reason not to --Dark Lord Xander4 01:47, 23 April 2008 (CEST)
- I didn't remove the link, but an obvious reason would be the fact that it has never been published or even completed. There just wouldn't be much info to put on a separate article that we haven't already covered elsewhere. Andreas 07:59, 23 April 2008 (CEST)
That may be the case but although its unfinished i think there is enough information for a article (However small) --Dark Lord Xander4 11:40, 23 April 2008 (CEST)
- Although I won't persist if the general opinion is that we should have such an article, I do think the best way to go about it is to have "The Revenge of Kharmi" redirected to Frew stories. Not only does the later include everything that is known about "...Kharmi", the fact that it never has been published (let alone finnished) also makes the story non-official. Once again though - if I'm in minority in this matter, I won't push it :) Pjär 12:03, 23 April 2008 (CEST)
- I Will agree to have The Revenge of Kharmi redirected to the Frew page but i think at the least it should be included in Chatto's list of stories with unfinished in the comments column with it redirected back to the Frew page. --Dark Lord Xander4 02:15, 24 April 2008 (CEST)
- I think that's an OK solution. However, keep in mind that there are lots of unfinished/unpublished stories - most of which we know little or nothing about. Such information is of course interesting and should be mentioned, but kept separate from stories that actually have been published. Andreas 11:11, 24 April 2008 (CEST)
- As Andreas says - its crucial to separate actual stories (i.e. printed ones) from unfinished stories, never developed story ideas, scrapped stories etc. Over the years there have been several examples, some of them mentioned by official sources, some pages of unfinnish stories that have been sold to fans, some that never have been officially mentioned but are never the less known to exist, some which appear to be scrapped stories but rather are published stories that have changed name prior to the printing. Including such stories in the indexes will not only make them hard to keep under control, I'd also say that it will make them incomplete; sure, we know that Chatto started to make a story referred to as "The Revenge of Kharmi", but we don't know, and most certainly never will know, how many other stories he began to draw, if any.
- The existence of "...Kharmi" is primary of interest since it shows that there were plans to continue the production of original Frew stories, but that those plans was debunked when Keith Chatto passed.
- Once again - this is only my opinion. It the general opinion disagree with me, I'm happy to agree to disagree, and step back. :) Pjär 15:21, 24 April 2008 (CEST)
My View is that for cut stories to have their own articles (Even if there is only minimal information) we create a template for cut content so readers know that it isn't to be considered a part of phantom cannon and place the article in a category seperate from other stories say Category:Cut stories meaning we can still have info on them but they are seperate --Dark Lord Xander4 01:58, 25 April 2008 (CEST)
Adding a rebuttle
In the recent Frew anniversary issue they published a few of the completed pages. It could be nice to include them for the article, seeing we have more than just a title.
From memory it is a follow on from "Return of the Singh Brotherhood" and was also written by Chatto and not JS.
- Agreed, it may be incomplete but at least it is now published in some form. I have added it and given it a separate article. Andreas 09:17, 31 August 2010 (UTC)