- Correct! I'll fix it. Member 7 18:33, 23 January 2008 (CET)
I have received a mail which states that the following story titles were used within the strip itself, but were changed (i.e. by Frew) for later reprints. If correct, we should rename these story articles to reflect the actual title in the strip and let the other titles redirect there:
- 3 - War in the Jungle
- 19 - High Seas Highjacker
- 20 - Diana
- 32 - The Girls
- 37 - Legend of the Durugu
- 70 - The Two Signs
- 75 - The Flying Horse
- 78 - The Jungle Olympics
- 100 - Jungle Olympics
- 101 - The Frame-Up
- 108 - The Runaway Girl
- 110 - The Mission
- 113 - The Mysterious Passenger
- 121 - The Things
- 131 - S.S. Blitz
- 153 - Luck and Wealth
Andreas 18:55, 25 February 2012 (CET)
- I will try check, but can't find the first three stories in any newspapers archive. Those title have been printed in the last strips of previously stories, as "next week:...". It's probably correct, but then we would have more problems. In story D79 it was printed "new adventure" for the last two weeks. In D149, on April 24, 1982, it was printed Baronkhan, and on April 26, 1982 started part 2 or new story. But I think that would be better keep common story titles. Delboj4 20:35, 25 February 2012 (CET)
- Here is report:
- 3 - War in the Jungle - that title was printed on April 10, 1937 as "next week: War in the Jungle"
- 5 - Diana's Progress - this title was printed on February 7, 1938 as "real" title
- 19 - High Seas Highjacker - that title was printed on July 24, 1943 as "next week: High Seas Highjacker"
- 20 - Diana - that title was printed on February 26, 1944 as "next week: Diana"
- 32 - The Girls - that title was printed on May 22, 1948 as beginning next week "The Girls"
- 37 - Legend of the Durugu - that title was printed on February 27, 1950 as tomorrow: Legend of the Durugu
- 70 - The Two Signs - that title was printed on May 5, 1958 as tomorrow: The Two Signs
- 75 - The Flying Horse - that title was printed on October 5, 1959 as "The Flying Horse", beginning tomorrow
- 78 - The Jungle Olympics - that title was printed on August 8, 1960 as beginning tomorrow: The Jungle Olympics
- 79 - no title given - on February 11, 1961 it was printed next week: new adventure, and new story started on February 13, 1961. This story could became D79B and get title "The Proposal" from Indrajal Comics #119.
- 100 - Jungle Olympics - that title was printed on January 22, 1968 as beginning: Jungle Olympics
- 101 - The Frame-Up - that title was printed on May 6, 1968 as tomorrow: The Frame-Up!
- 108 - The Runaway Girl - we use that title, but that's not from newspapers, on January 24, 1970 it was printed next week - beginning: The Missing Daddy
- 110 - The Mission - that title was printed on August 17, 1970 as tomorrow: The Mission
- 113 - The Mysterious Passenger - that title was printed on May 10, 1971 as beginning: The Mysterious Passenger
- 121 - The Things - that title was printed on May 7, 1973 as beginning: "The Things"
- 131 - S.S. Blitz - that title was printed on August 2, 1976 as beginning: "S.S. Blitz"
- 149 - on April 24, 1982 it was printed next week: Baronkhan, and then on April 27, 1982 beginning tomorrow: Baronkhan. So, this part could became new story D149B Baronkhan.
- 153 - Luck and Wealth - that title was printed on November 29, 1983 as tomorrow: Luck and Wealt
But if we realize this, then indexes here would be different than all other indexes, including index printed in Comics Revue. Delboj4 13:35, 26 February 2012 (CET)
- If all other indexes are wrong, then even bigger reason for us to make a correct one. The old titles won't disappear from this wiki, they will still be there as redirects, and we can even add them as comments in the story list. But I am not sure that "Next week" always describes the title of a story. Hasn't it been used sometimes in the middle of stories, as a variation of "Cont'd"? Andreas 09:29, 27 February 2012 (CET)
I agree with Andreas on this subject. It's on high time we make a final, correct and updated index for all dailies/Sundays.
So far we have several indexes (the frist ones dating back to the 70s/80s), both in magazines and on the net, but they are all different, and they all have some mistakes. Frew tried to update their version in the second edition of The Phantom Encyclopedia, inserting "new" titles such as The Things and several others. Unclucky enough they didn't succeed in finding all the original titles, which is mentioned on this page. Also ipcomics.net had a good try, but also this source is missing some important original titles. Gilbert Green 13:28, 27 February 2012 (CET)
- I don't know. It will be complicated change all of these titles. I didn't find anything inside some of these stories. Delboj4 14:42, 27 February 2012 (CET)
- I suggest we do this in two steps: First, add info about the real titles, preferably with images (see "The President's Son") – as "evidence", since it will go against many known indexes. The actual moving and updating of articles can be step 2 after this has been completed. (adding title panels for newspaper stories would not be a bad idea in general, not only for these stories where there is debate). Andreas 16:57, 27 February 2012 (CET)
I think "Behind the scenes" gives a very suitable explanation to the change of titles.
Remember, Frew's The Phantom already have used many of the new titles in their reprinting program.
"The President's Son" was actually published as "The Frame-Up" in the 1998 Annual Special. So this is not difficult at all, since many of the "new" titles are already well known.
There were done some mistakes of wrong titles in the past, but we don't have to continue doing those mistakes.