Race Against Death (Team Fantomen story)
|Race against Death|
|Produced for:||Fantomen 5/1986|
|# of pgs:||32|
After a celebration in its village, all of the Llongo are infected by the fatal jungle fever and the only known cure is made from a rare flower that only grows in the Kaluga pass.
- The 21st Phantom
- Llionto of Llongo
- Lamanda Luaga
- Old man Mozz
- Doctor Axel (mentioned)
- Wambatta of Wambesi
- The Beanstalk
- Mama Llumba (mentioned)
- Dr. Claude Eustace Winterbottom
- Obangi chief
- The Kaluga pass hermit
- "When the Phantom talks, one listens!"
Behind the scenes
- Doctor Winterbottom's book "Tropical Medicine" mentions researchers Sprucehill and Bernie Wrightson ("What a man"). Most of the text is untranslated Swedish in the Australian reprint. It mentiones made-up body parts such as "the liver particle accelerator".
- Moz is called Moy in the Australian reprint.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Race against Death", The Phantom #901 (1988)
- "Kapløb med døden", Fantomet #278 (1987)
- "Kilpajuoksu kuoleman kanssa", Mustanaamio 18/1986
- "Kilpajuoksu kuoleman kanssa", Mustanaamio (2012)
- "Kappløp med døden", Fantomet 16/1986
- "Kappløp med døden", Fantomets Krønike 6/1995
- "Kappløp med døden", Fantomets Krønike 2/2006