Lost at Sea, Part 1: The Island of Mysteries
|Lost at Sea, Part 1: The Island of Mysteries|
|Produced for:||Fantomen 4/2017|
|# of pgs:||22|
|Producer:||Egmont Publishing AB|
In three weeks time, three commercial ships have disappered without a trace off the coast of Bengali. Shipping owners in Morristown have been ransomed for 100 million Bengali pound or more ships will disappear. It is not known which organization is making ships disappear and when nervous shipping owners pay ransom, the secret police is unable to investigate where the money went.
The Phantom gets involved when seven Mori fishers are killed by crew from an unmarked submarine near the island of Tarawu, an island that the Mori consider to be off limits. For the sake of the long friendship between the Mori and the Phantom, five Moris put him ashore on the taboo island. He discovers the submarine and that the island holds an underground base. Finally captured by guards, he is taken to the person in charge, Sandal Singh, leader of the Singh brotherhood.
- Johnston, ship's mate
- Cargo ship Mojave
- Sing Brotherhood submarine
- "Lost at Sea, Part 2: The Singing Statues" by Claes Reimerthi and César Spadari
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Lost at Sea, Part 1: The Island of Mysteries", The Phantom #1813 (2018)
- "Forsvunnet på havet, del 1: Den mystiske øya", Fantomet 5/2017
- "Förlorade till havs, del 1: Mysteriernas ö", Fantomen 4/2017