Five Days of the Dragon Chapter 1
|Five Days of the Dragon Chapter 1|
|Produced for:||The Phantom Annual #1 (2007)|
|# of pgs:||10|
|Original colorist:||Val Staples|
The story takes place in October, 1667 during the days of the 3rd Phantom.
A legend tells of a Chinese emperor who had a great dragon trapped inside a jade statue. The statue was split into five pieces. When combined, the statue could unleash an awesome power. At his deathbed, the emperor gave one piece each to his five sons, and as centuries passed the fie pieces were scattered all over the world.
The 3rd Phantom has learned that one of the pieces is in the hands of the Singh Brotherhood. As he climbs onto their ship, the Phantom is surprised by the Singh leader Katar Singh and his men. After a violent fight, where the Phantom sets the ship on fire, he can return to the Skull Cave with the head of the dragon statue.
Behind the Scenes
- The story takes place in 1667, which contradicts a previous Moonstone story, "Curse of the Phantom Part 1", where the 3rd Phantom dies in 1625..
- In the beginning of the story, a wolf is seen guarding the Skull Cave. It is not explicitly mentioned if this means that in Moonstone's stories the 3rd Phantom has a wolf (like Devil).
- In this story, the 3rd Phantom's horse is named Hero, just like the 21st Phantom's horse.
- "Five Days of the Dragon Chapter 2" by Tony Bedard and Allan Goldman.
- "Five Days of the Dragon Chapter 3" by Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan.
- "Five Days of the Dragon Chapter 4" by Rafael Nieves, Tony Akins and Ken Wolak.
- "Five Days of the Dragon Chapter 5" by Mike Bullock and Juan Ferreyra.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- The Phantom Annual #1 (2007)