Encounter With Murder
|Encounter With Murder|
|Produced for:||Fantomen 18/2011|
|# of pgs:||32|
President Sandal Singh wakes up from a recurring nightmare — in a thunderstorm she meets her father Dogai Singh who demands to have back what she has stolen. After stopping Darkfire Corporation from making a hostile takover of Singh Corporation, president Singh has decided to get rid of Singh Corporation board members who have been working for Darkfire, including Sanderson. Oddly enough the setup bears the hallmark of her father, whom she believe is dead.
Somewhere in the US, Darkfire Corporation has a board meeting. Not only is Darkfire selling weapons to the Rodian Liberation Army, the company is also negotiating with the Rodian government about hiring lego soldiers. A special team will take care of Dogai Singh who is no longer useful for Darkfire. The special team, assassins, is stopped by the automatic rifle in Dogai Singh's wheelchair. Dogai orders that another attempt should be made to kill his daughter, that his mole Sanderson is killed and that criminals in Morristown should again be murdered with a skull mark in their faces.
When the Phantom visit Morristown and ask around, the police receive a tip that the skull murderer has been sighted. The Phantom is drugged by Dogai's assassin Elena. Dogai's assassin Regin break into the presidential palace and shoots Sandal's lover Kevin dead before her bodyguard Belim can stop him.
The Phantom is taken to a deserted venue for lasertag where he meets Dogai Singh and must fight his henchman Leon. When the Morristown police arrive, Dogai Singh manage to disappear.
- Inspector Moses Kakunda
- Constable M'Beye
- Mr Sanderson, Sing Corp, board member
- Elena, assassin
- Regin, assassin
- Leon, Dogai's henchman
- Mr Zarkov of Darkfire Corporation
- Miss Almond, Zarkov's secretary
- Mitch, criminal detective
- Rodia (mentioned only)
- Marcusburg (mentioned only)
- "The Skull Murders" by Claes Reimerthi and Sal Velluto
- "Dangerous Escape" by Claes Reimerthi, Felmang, and Germano Ferri
- "Fateful Meeting" by Claes Reimerthi and Hans Lindahl
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Encounter With Murder", The Phantom #1608 (2011)
- "Kohtaaminen murhaajan kanssa", Mustanaamio Spesiaali 4/2013
- "Møte med en morder", Fantomet 17/2011
- "Möte med mördare", Fantomen 18/2011