Death Stalks the 5th Phantom
|Death Stalks the 5th Phantom|
|Start date:||December 1, 2013|
|End date:||May 25, 2014|
|# of strips:||26|
|Original colorist:||Terry Beatty|
|Preceded by:||"Mandrake's Bon Voyage"|
|Followed by:||"The Ghost Story"|
The Phantom returns home wounded after a leave of absence and decides to tell Diana, Kit and Heloise the tale of a similar situation involving the 5th Phantom and his courageous wife, Juliet Adams.
In the tale, Juliet Adams went on her own to rescue the then-current Phantom from Juan Muerto's pirates, switching places with one of their female prisoners at one point.
- The current Phantom
- Diana Palmer-Walker
- Kit and Heloise
- Juliet Adams Walker, Captain Amazon
- The 5th Phantom
- Juan Muerto
- Various sea ships
- The Phantom Chronicles book
Behind the scenes
- Most of the plot set in the past is explicitly stated to happen in 1652.
- When the story was published in Sweden, it was edited so the story was about the 15th Phantom instead of the 5th Phantom, to be in line with the previously published edit of the story "Captain Amazon - Pirate Queen". This edit was later used in Norway as well.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Death Stalks the 5th Phantom", The Phantom #1713 (2014)
- Sudha Weekly January 2, 2014 – July 3, 2014
- Sunday Nation December 1, 2013 – May 25, 2014
- "¡La muerte acecha al quinto Fantasma", El Informador July 26, 2015 – January 17, 2016
- The Philippine Star December 1, 2013 – May 25, 2014
- "Ölüm 5. Fantom'un Peşinde", Kızılmaske #44 (2017)
- Daytona Beach News-Journal December 1, 2013 – May 25, 2014