Deadly Cargo (Westad story)
|Produced for:||Bellona Magasin 1/1989|
|# of pgs:||15|
Guran and Tom-Tom find the body of a dead Llongo man, Lmbedo, on the same beach where the first Phantom was washed ashore more than 400 years ago. However - before he died he had written "Hydra" in the sand, and the Phantom realizes that one of his most feared enemies has returned.
At the funeral The Phantom promises the Llongo chief to find the responsible, and after asking some questions at Blue Dragon bar he nearly finds himself drowned by Hydra men in the Morristown docks. At the last moment he is saved by a friend of Lmbedo named Aissha.
Meanwhile, Dr. Beleh of the University Hospital, one of Dr. Axel's co-workers, has found out that Lmbedo died from toxic poison, and through Aissha, they learn that the man responsible for his death, as well as for severe dumping of toxic waste, is a wealthy business man Janus Van Dreck. Dr. Beleh and The Phantom pay Van Dreck a visit, but end up captured by his employees, and before they manage to escape, Van Dreck flees the country. However, The Phantom finds evidence that the Bengali trade minister was the one making Van Dreck's business possible, and he turns him over to President Luaga.
- the 21st Phantom
- Lamanda Luaga
- Dr. Axel
- Llionto of Llongo
- Mr. Wong
- Dr. Beleh
- Janus Van Dreck
- Lmbedo of Llongo
- "There are times when the Phantom leaves the jungle and walks the streets of the town like an ordinary man."
- The story wasn't created for any Phantom publication, but for the Norwegian magazine Bellona Magasin 1/1989.
- This was the third Team Fantomen story to be originally published in color, following "Flame" and "The Secret of the Golden Snake".
- This is also the only full-length Team Fantomen story not to have been published in Sweden.
- It's also the first full-length Phantom story to be drawn by Knut Westad since his last story for Fantomen in 1986, and the only story credited to Terje Emberland, who otherwise worked with Henning Laugerud, under the pen-name Johan L. Borgnes.
- "The Environmental Avenger" by Knut Westad
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Deadly Cargo", The Phantom #1763 (2016)